Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Fourth of July

Heather and I went to Utah with my family to celebrate Independence Day and enjoyed the "Small Town" style celebration. We drove up there with my parents and Faith and her three kids (who had been in AZ since Charity's wedding). We all stayed at my brother's house in Brigham City. We went to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house on Friday and met Charity and Matt, who had driven up that day, at Temple Square.

Saturday morning half of us ran in the 2nd annual Brigham City 5k Firecracker Run. Matt came in 5th overall. Aaron and Katie ran together and were the next in our family to finish, followed by myself and then Faith. Mom was the last person to finish the entire race*. There was an older lady who started the race, but quit after a block. It was a lot of fun and worth the T-shirt and breakfast they had for us afterward.
*Technically, Mom didn't complete the entire race. She cut off about a block because "there wasn't a sign saying I couldn't." I was shocked to see her pop up in front of me around the 2.5 mile mark, but I think she made up for it by running back.


By far, the best part of the trip was being able to play with firecrackers without worrying that the police (or my mom) would catch me. It was a blast setting of firecrackers in my brothers driveway.





The fireworks were exciting for everyone to watch.





I think the boys got more of a kick out of it than everyone else.





Some of the firecrackers were loud.




The Grand Finale. This one went on for a couple of minutes and contained a little of everything.

No comments: