Sunday, May 11, 2008

SCHOOL IS OVER!!

Finally, the semester is over! The last few weeks of school I had three different group projects due. I spent a lot of time working on these projects and to top it off, I had a take home final in one of my classes. I know a few people who stayed up all night the night before it was due, but not me. I had it done by 11:00 pm. Hopefully all that hard work will pay off with some good grades.

Yesterday, Heather and I spent a good portion of the day shopping. I had to keep telling myself, "It's okay, Jacob. The semester's over and you don't have any homework to do. You don't have to feel bad about spending the day with your wife shopping."

Last Monday I had an interview for a summer internship with a company called ATK. They have 3 departments and last summer I interned with them in Northern Utah. The department up there designs and builds the large, white booster rockets that launch the space shuttle, as well as other types of rocket motors. The department here deals with medium caliber munitions (30 - 50 mm bullets and guns/cannons). Hopefully I'll find out about the position sometime this week.

Work has been slow at A&A Engineering where I now work and I can only work part time. My friend Spencer wants to come back to work here over the summer, so me getting this job at ATK would be great for both of us. I really hope I get it, otherwise I'll have a lot of extra time on my hands and I don't know what I'd do with myself. I've been in school for so long that it feels like if I'm not doing homework I'm slacking.

A few weeks ago, Heather got released as a Beehive adviser and was put into the young women's presidency. She's excited about the knew calling and still gets to work with the same girls. She also gets to go to girls camp at the end of the month. She bought a program to make calendars and posters, and has been having a blast making cool stuff for her meetings.

No comments: